I am feeling so content right now. I celebrated an early Thanks Giving at Bespoke Bride HQ with Jess, Em, and Megan. I had SUCH a lovely evening. Megan and I headed over to the Forest of Dean on Saturday afternoon (enjoying a Disney and christmas sing along in the car) filled with excitement and suspense, not knowing what the girls had up their sleeve. The girls had hinted at a few little surprises, and told us to bring our cameras (goes with out saying really with a room full of bloggers!) but we had no idea what they were up to.
We arrived to be greeted by the smell of turkey cooking in the oven and a Thanks Giving table so amazingly decorated in pastel shades and Bespoke Bride colours. They had made garlands to replace the usual christmas party hat, pyramid favour boxes filled with little sweets, each personalised with a photo of each of us. They had created a geometric backdrop for the perfect photo opp, filled huge balloons with helium and customised them with “Give Thanks” lettering. It looked amazing, my excitement grew and at one point I just couldn’t contain it I was skipping around the house with a huge smile on my face.
We had all preplanned our secret santa gifts (not that it stayed secret for long) so whilst we waited for the turkey to cook through, we sat to open all our presents. We took it in turn to open our pressies, to be sure we all got to see what every one had be given. I love watching people open presents more than I do opening my own so I went last and it’s obvious we all know each other well with each present being so perfectly fitting for each of us.
Jess Santa got me a little mermaid print in a personalised frame and I can’t wait for it to be the first piece of art on my office wall. I love it.
We all helped with prepping the veg and serving the dinner. In true blogger style, our dinner was almost cold by the time we ate it after, naturally, taking photos and videos of the food before it reached the table. It was all so delicious and yummy, and SO filling. After dinner we all got in our onesies, opened the tin of quality street, ate homemade apple pie and drank orange liquor hot chocolate, it was very indulgent. We talked the night away, about blogging, the future, our past, we put the world to rights and had a proper girly cosy evening. It is so nice to have found a group of like minded and genuine girls who I can enjoy evening like this with, I honestly can’t put in to words how happy and content I came away feeling.
Check out the Video!
Love you guys!
Number three in this five part series of #blogboss is 8 tools to help you affordably and easily, start to film YouTube videos for your youtube channel. I am relatively new at YouTube but I have had a years practise now and I feel like I have a developed few good practises which I want to share with you to help you on your way to getting all the gear and none of the fear!!
Become your own #blogboss
1. Nikon D3100 , this isn’t the best camera in the world and not one that most YouTubers use. But it is cheaper than that perfect model (cannon seem to be the brand of choice for the big names) and I picked mine up second hand for around £200. It’s and all in one DSLR with video capability. It’s a good entry level camera to start creating great videos.
2. Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.8G Lens. Although the 18-55mm lens is a great starting point, using this fixed lens will allow for a better quality video (although no more filming in small spaces!)
3. Neewer 58mm 0.45x Wide Angle Lens for Canon Rebel/EOS. Buying a proper wide angle lens could set you back a bit, and whilst you’re not earning a five figure sum from YouTube, you kit should reflect that. (Unless you have money to burn, then ignore everything I am saying!). The wide angle adapter does what it says on the tin, it adapts you 50mm fixed lens to adapt to be a little wider angle. Meaning you can get a bit more of your surroundings in to shot.
4. Apple iPad Mini 16GB Wi-Fi (White), Controversially, I use my iPad to do all my video editing.
5. Pinnacle studio. For basic editing this app is AMAZING!! I dabbled with iMovie for a while but it’s clunky and time consuming and I just find that Pinnacle studio is user friendly, pretty comprehensive. The only thing your aren’t able to do is colour correction, but it makes clipping videos together and editing speed and the music and overlaying images etc so easy!
6. 1250W 5500K Continuous Lighting Light Box Softboxes Kit for when a window isn’t available, and to allow for more flexibility in location choices. These are a real basic kit but do the job fine.
7. Apple LIGHTNING TO SD CARD CAMERA – READER, Making it so simple and easy to import you filmed videos from your camera to you iPad, and in to Pinnacle Studio.
8. SD card, obvs! Hopefully that goes with out saying!
I hope this helps in some way to getting the basic kit you need to start youtubing. Send me your video links so I can check them out!
You may have seen a snippet of my outfit if you saw my post over the weekend, but on Saturday, Megan and I headed to the Celtic Manor Resort to kick off Christmas. And because it was a Christmas afternoon tea, I wanted to dress the part and get my sparkle on. It was time to get that skirt out again! This River Island skirt was the purchase of all purchases last year, and I just know it is going to be my staple item for the (and every) festive period. I love everything about it, the colour, the sequins, the fit, and the memories of Brad and I’s shopping trip to London when I bought it.
In true autumn Emily style, the outfit wouldn’t have been complete with out some burgundy in there. My sequin, Coca Cola tee is from Primark, along with my Pleather jacket. I really like all these shades of rose pink together, from when end of the spectrum, to the other. I teamed the leather jacket with my black leather Duo biker boots and realised just before I left the house that the bag I picked up from the Claire’s outlet store was the perfect pink metallic to go with the skirt and bring everything together. Naturaly, I wore my Crown & Glory roccoco headband too.
I had an amazing day, you can see the video I made here, and I can’t wait to embrace the sparkle throughout the lead up to Christmas.
Shop the Look